POWERBALL SUCKS


POWERBALL SUCKS


175,000,000 to 1 odds

I play the Powerball lottery. It's exciting. It's frustrating. It sucks! I never win. OK, occasionally I win like $3. But I spend like $20. Every week. Plus, each ticket is $2, TWICE as much as the other major lottery games in my state!

We Powerball players are getting screwed!

All too often no one wins the Powerball jackpot. The jackpot keeps growing every week ... and NOBODY wins it! $50 million. $100 million. $200 million. $300 million. Why don't you win? Because the winning numbers are chosen from 59 possible numbers. Way too many numbers for players to chose from. The odds of winning the Powerball jackpot are 175,000,000 to 1. One hundred seventy-five million to one. Let's put that into perspective ...

Your odds of becoming a U.S. president are 1 in 10 million.

Your odds of becoming a movie star are 1 in 1.5 million.

The odds of dating a supermodel are 88,000 to 1.


The odds of winning Powerball jackpot? 175,000,000 to 1. One hundred seventy-five million to one. Not good.

What should the state lotteries do?
Powerball (and other state lotteries) should greatly increase the odds of lottery players actually winning some big money. How? By lowering the number of possible numbers and letting more people win more money. How about lowering the odds of winning the jackpot to maybe a million to one? That's ridiculous enough!

Powerball sucks. What am I personally going to do about it?

After giving the California lottery hundreds of dollars a year in Powerball lottery "donations" I have decided not to play Powerball unless the jackpot is over $100 million. That way, if I ever do win the jackpot I will win mega-bucks, not mini-bucks!





No comments:

Post a Comment