what is marriage?



Now that the U.S. Supreme Court has legalized same-sex marriage, what is the new legal definition of marriage? It is no longer legally a "union of a man and a woman". Is it a "union of two people, any two people"? Is it the union of three or more people? I don't know, I'm just an ignorant old white male citizen and voter.

I looked up the new legal definition of "marriage", based on the same-sex marriage ruling, in Google and could find nothing. Apparently, there is no new legal definition of marriage. "If it's not in Google, it doesn't exist".

I am confused. If the old definition of marriage is no longer legal or valid I want to know what the new legal definition of marriage is! If I asked the President of the United States, or the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, they would probably give me the popular new answer to nearly every question: "I don't know".

If the government is going to legally redefine marriage don't they need to provide us citizens with the new definition? Otherwise, we won't know who, or how many, or what, to marry.

Or maybe we can Marry Christmas.






No comments:

Post a Comment