is ADHD real?




From webmd.com

Children with ADHD show signs of inattention, hyperactivity, and/or impulsivity in specific ways. These children:
  • Are in constant motion 
  • Squirm and fidget 
  • Do not seem to listen 
  • Have trouble playing quietly 
  • Often talk excessively 
  • Interrupt or intrude on others 
  • Are easily distracted 
  • Do not finish tasks 



Really? ADHD in kids? A disorder? A disorder requiring medication? An epidemic?

In the old days we used to call mild ADHD "normal", we used to call it "childhood". Aren't these symptoms what kids DO when being kids? I acted like that when I was a kid. So did all the other kids. Maybe kids are simply not developed yet, they are often ruled by hormones (and sugar), and thus have little control over their behavior. As I grew into an adult I learned self-discipline and how to better control, and apply, myself. I learned good behavior by reward and punishment. We called it real life.

Not to be overly cynical but is a lot of the ADHD diagnosis epidemic real, or merely a ploy by Big Pharma and western medicine to feed more patients to doctors and sell more meds? Hmm.