A pair of Tennessee teens are dead and two others were hospitalized after police say they possibly drunk a concoction of Mountain Dew and racing fuel.
The Greenbrier teens are believed to have ingested the fuel-laced soda last week. Logan Stephenson, 16, died last Thursday, and J.D. Byram, also 16, died Tuesday morning after being hospitalized at Vanderbilt Hospital in nearby Nashville.
Racing fuel, used for drag racing, can be easily purchased online and at some convenience stores.
"A lot of people refer to it as 'moonshine on steroids.' A lot of people call it 'Dewshine,'" Greenbrier Police Chief K.D. Smith told NBC News of the Mountain Dew and racing fuel mixture.
I am very sorry about the teenagers dying. But drinking racing fuel? Really? Who dreamed that one up? What idiot thought that that was a good idea and made it a "trend"? "Yeah, hey, let's drink some racing fuel. We can mix it with soda. Then, we'll drink some gasoline, we can mix it with urine. Yeah, it's a new trend. And then we'll wash it all down with fucking arsenic! Yeah, let's do that, it'll be fun" Let's NOT do that. And it WON'T be fun. Racing fuel is for race cars, not for drinking. Hey, teens, some shit can KILL you. And if you do something that kills you you won't have any more teenage fun - ever - because you'll be fucking dead. And you'll be dead for the rest of your life. So if someone suggests you do something that might kill you, just say NO. And walk away.