Blue Shield Sucks


I have Blue Shield of California health insurance. I have never had any problems with them. Until now.

Last month they sent me a notice saying that they would be updating their automatic premium payment plan, "Easy Pay", and I would have to re-register my payment info the next month. OK, I can do that - even though it's a minor annoyance and they should have been able to automatically transfer my payment plan and payment info (it hasn't changed).

On April 3, 2017 I went online to the the Blue Shield of California website to re-register my payment info. I went to the website - and access was denied. What? Yes, I had the correct url but the site would not let me gain access. Online access was "denied". WTF? I tried several times with the same result. Access denied? Why? I have no idea. I have had this insurance for years and have always paid on time and my info was up to date.

I then phoned customer support. The automated voice said "If you are calling about updating Easy Pay Press 9". I pressed 9. The support person who answered informed me that I had the wrong department. WTF? The support person then transferred me to the correct department. I was put on hold. So far I have been on hold for 20 minutes. WTF?

So I can't access their website. And I can't speak to someone at Blue Shield because no one picks up the fucking phone. If I can't access their website or speak to a representative I can't re-register my payment info - and can't pay my monthly premium. If I can't pay my monthly premium they will drop my insurance coverage ... and, without health insurance I will die! WTF?