Netflix is un-american



I am a Netflix subscriber. I am an American Netflix subscriber, like millions of other Netflix subscribers. I live in America. I want to see AMERICAN films and TV shows when I watch (and pay for) Netflix. No offense to foreign films or foreign TV, but I do not want to be offered tons of movies and TV shows in another language or subtitled or made in another country, with foreign actors I have never heard of, with hard-to-understand accents. Maybe it's cheaper for Netflix to acquire the rights to foreign movies and TV shows. I don't know and I don't care.

Netflix has 93 million subscribers worldwide, spread out over 190 countries. Netflix has over 50 million of those subscribers in 1 country - the U.S.

The U.S. is the capital of the world for entertainment - and Netflix should give U.S. subscribers more AMERICAN stuff to watch! Why, more and more, am I seeing lots of foreign movies and foreign TV shows being offered on Netflix, mixed in with the American fare? I am NOT interested in watching foreign entertainment. On Netflix, I want to watch Made in America entertainment!

Is Netflix being un-American? As far as I'm concerned, yes. Netflix should break down its listed film and TV offerings into 2 categories: English and non-English. Or at least provide us subscribers a setting to choose one or both.



UPDATE
Did Netflix listen? No. On Monday, Oct 9, I found a Netflix new offering that I really wanted to see. Jackie Chan in "Kung Fu Yoga", a 2017 film.

I proceeded to watch it. The film was in MANDARIN. I stopped it and tried the option for English. The option for English did not work and reverted to Mandarin. As I do not speak f-ing Mandarin (and hate f-ing subtitles) I could not watch the movie.

What the hell is Netflix thinking??? If Netflix is going to foist foreign language offerings on us paying Americans, at least they should put a sticker on it saying so! Or NOT mix it in with English speaking fare. I was VERY unhappy, I wanted to watch this Jackie Chan film - in English!