SLOW LOADING WEBSITES


Too freaking slow!


Why are so many websites so slow to load? I can't STAND sitting there waiting for a site to load! Waiting for the many ads to load, etc. It seems like it takes forever for some website home pages to load.

Am I crazy? Too impatient? Let's see. According to a new report from Radware, "the time it takes for a retail website to load is getting worse, with load times now 47 percent slower than in 2012". Oh, so it's NOT my imagination! Furthermore, “40% of people leaves a site that takes more than 3 secs to load and 47% of people expect a site to load in 2 secs or less.” – Sean Work

It has been shown that if a site takes more than 7 seconds to load, 80-90% of visitors will leave before giving the website a chance to display its content. I am one of those visitors. Are you? Why do some websites load slow? There are several reasons. One of the main reasons is TOO MANY ADS.

Am I imagining that many of my most often visited sites are slow to load? Let's see. I did a "speed test" i.e. measuring the loading time on various major website home pages, via Google Developers. Here are the results ...

Google.com 74/100
amazon.com 71/100
ebay.com 66/100
cnn.com 62/100
yahoo.com 62/100
aol.com 59/100
foxnews.com 42/100
LA Times 40/100


And, when I inform slow sites that they are slow loading what is their response? Invariably, they say I should use another browser, such as firefox. To which I say I use Internet Explorer. IE is used by 85% of the world's computers. Why should I have to switch??? Shouldn't EVERY website be compatible with 85% of the world's computers? Get real! They are not slow because of my computer or my Internet Explorer browser, they are slow because they are S-L-O-W.

Anything less than 70/100 is too freaking slow!

If you are a major website, and your home page loads slower than 70/100, SPEED IT UP!