stupid anti-gun law



"wait a minute while I load my gun"

From DailyNews.com

"LOS ANGELES — Gun owners in Los Angeles would be required to store their firearms in locked containers, or apply trigger locks when not using them, under an ordinance proposed by a half-dozen City Council members today."

“Parents always ask, ‘Is your pool secured, is your pet safe?’ But they don’t ask the simple question, ‘If you have a gun in your home, is it safely stored? Is it locked up, unloaded and the ammunition stored separately from the gun?"



I can just imagine what could happen when a gun owner in L.A. is the victim of a break-in and his or her unloaded gun is locked in a safe, or the trigger fitted with a lock, and the bullets stored in another place.

"Oh, hello burglar. Thanks for breaking in and trying to steal my possessions. Glad I caught you. Listen, could you wait 5 minutes while I open my gun safe and get my gun? And wait another few minutes while I get my bullets from another place and load it?"

One of the main reasons people have a gun in their home is for SELF-PROTECTION. To protect themselves and their property. From criminals. How can people protect themselves in their own home if they can't quickly get to their legally-owned weapon??? Passing a law forcing people to lock up their legally-owned guns? In their own home? And keep the bullets somewhere separate? Where's the common sense? Where's the reality? Where's the U.S. Constitution?

WHY IS THE GOVERNMENT CONTROLLING THE PRIVATE LIVES AND PRIVATE PROPERTY OF LAW-ABIDING PRIVATE CITIZENS, IN THEIR OWN HOME?