deadly doctors



Who wants to die next?


"(CNN)The Centers for Disease Control is raising a red flag that a potentially deadly bacteria may be lurking in your doctor's office.

The bacteria, C. difficile, is typically found in hospitals, but a study out Wednesday reports a substantial number of people contracted the bug who hadn't been in a hospital, but had recently visited the doctor or dentist.

The bacteria can cause deadly diarrhea, according to the CDC, with infections on the rise. The new report shows nearly half a million Americans infected in various locations in one year, with 15,000 deaths directly attributed to C. diff.

In the meantime, patients should wash their hands after visiting the doctor's office -- with soap and water, because alcohol-based gels don't get rid of C.diff.

The CDC study, published Wednesday in The New England Journal of Medicine, said 150,000 people who had not been in the hospital came down with C. diff in 2011. Of those, 82% had visited a doctor's or dentist's office in the 12 weeks before their diagnosis."




Are you kidding me? Deadly bacteria lurking in my doctor's office? Deadly diarrhea? Gee, I go to the doctor when I feel sick. Now, I'm going to go to the doctor and GET sick? Now, you can go to the doctor and DIE??? Now we have to worry about dangerous deadly bacteria lurking in the doctor's office? Are you kidding me?

OMG, I have a doctor's appointment next week, for a follow up visit. Maybe I shouldn't go! Ever.