Wishy washy



From the BBC

How to wash your hands - according to the experts

"Washing your hands properly should take about as long as singing Happy Birthday twice (about 20 seconds)

Wet hands and apply enough soap to cover the whole surface of the hand

Rub palms together with fingers interlaced

Rub each palm over the back of the other hand with interlaced fingers

Rub between fingers on each hand

Rub backs of fingers (interlocked)

Rub around each thumb

Rub both palms with finger tips and then rinse with warm or cold water

Dry your hands well, ideally with a disposable towel

Use a disposable towel to turn off the tap"



After many many years of washing my hands now I find out I was doing it wrong! I always simply wet my hands, soaped them up, rubbed my hands together for a bit, and rinsed them off. Then dried them. I had no idea washing your hands was so complicated and had so many steps. I may have to take a class: "Hand Washing 101". Or read a book: "Hand Washing for Dummies".