What are the odds?



I play the odds. The odds are in my favor, in your favor. Here's why

The published odds of winning the jackpot in the major lotteries is 1 in more than 250 million. In my life, that's not true. My odds of winning the jackpot in the major lotteries is 1 in 2. 50%. I have a 50% chance of winning the lottery jackpot. Because, in the end, either I WILL win or I WON'T win. A 50% chance of winning. Odds = 1 out of 2.

Statistics and odds are deceiving. The way I see it, the real odds for most things happening are more like 1 out of 2. A 50% chance. Either it will happen or it won't.

You have a 50% chance of getting a good night's sleep. Either you will or you won't.

If you live in a major city, you have a 50% chance of being in a traffic jam. Either you will or you won't be in a traffic jam. In Los Angeles, however, the odds are 100% that you will be in a traffic jam!

You have a 50/50 chance of putting down your cell phone and being part of the real and natural world. Either you will put your cell phone down or you won't. If you don't, you will be missing out on some wonderful things and some wonderful people.

You have a 1 in 2 chance of meeting the beautiful woman or handsome man across the room. Either you will or you won't. To increase the odds, go over and say hello.

Not all odds are in our favor. Take death, for instance. We have a 100% chance of being visited by the Grim Reaper. The question is not if, but when. In the meantime, live your life, live it well - you have a 50% chance of being totally happy!