Bore dumb



Sometimes my mind goes blank. My mind is empty, not a thought in sight. I don't have anything to do for the moment. And I can't think of anything to do. It's boredom. I am sitting here doing nothing, not thinking, not doing anything. It's both nice and scary. Nice in that it is relaxing. Scary because I am totally idle and afraid it will continue forever. I like to utilize my brain and for the last half-hour, it's not working, it's empty, idle, the off-switch activated. Will my brain start up again? When? Am I brain dead but alive, conscious and alert? Have I literally lost my mind?

Boredom. Boredom makes me feel dumb. Boredumb. Luckily, boredom is not permanent. Life restarts. Even though idleness and nothingness has taken over, sooner or later, life once again will require our attention. Good. Or bad. Either way, boredumb will end. And, after life and its busyness reigns again, I will long for boredumb to return.