the common cold

3 AM

I am sick with a cold. A severe cold. Cough, sneezing, congestion, sore throat, etc. I have been sick for an entire week. And miserable. And it feels like I am not getting any better. And I can’t take any over-the-counter cold meds, as they often contain deadly chemicals which can, and almost did, literally kill me. Nothing I usually take or do has helped very much, including liquids, rest, vitamin C, chicken soup, Cold Eeze lozenges. Yes, a while ago, I had a flu shot. AND a pneumonia shot.

A severe common cold is a truly miserable thing to have. Millions of Americans get colds, in every state, every year. Hundreds of millions of people around the world. And, with all the medical advances in the past 200 years, and the hundreds of billions/trillions of dollars spent on medical research, they still can’t find a cure for the common cold?