6 AM Prose

It was May 2, 2020. Los Angeles, California.

During the pandemic of 2020, after 43 days of the LA Lockdown, I was up early, before dawn, so I went to the supermarket just before 6 am when it opens.

During the Covid pandemic of 2020 the outside world was empty. No one was out walking their dogs, or themselves. Very few cars were on the road. Very few shoppers were at the supermarket, I was the first one in. By 6:15 I was done and out the door. On the way home, again there were few cars on the road and no pedestrians.

No people. No traffic. As the world awakened, I felt like it belonged to me. Me and the chirping birds. Alone together at dawn. It was spiritual. It was good. It was Saturday.

The above is an excerpt from my book, "The Plague 2020 Collector's Edition". 
Now available at amazon.